Installation issues with IK Product Manager

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Installation issues with IK Product Manager

Postby musicalguy_4646 » Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:10 pm

Some of my sound content won't install from IK Product Manager.

For reference, I originally installed some of the sound content, but since I couldn't find any uninstall button, I manually deleted all the content. I did this because I wanted to install them in a new location, not realizing how to install them in a new location before. In my case, I'm talking about SampleTank 4 and Cinematic Percussion.

But now, when I click the "install" button for the same libraries I deleted, they're stuck in "Starting installation... please wait.", and even after many minutes, they're stuck like that. When I refresh it, it asks me to install it again. In other words, the sound content won't install.

Other sound content that has been untouched install fine, though. How do I make the aforementioned sound content install properly though?

Also, for future reference, how do I safely and properly delete and uninstall sound content? I can't find any information about it.

UPDATE: I realized that the aforementioned Sound Contents do start downloading in the default folder, but not in the custom sounds folder.
musicalguy_4646

Re: Installation issues with IK Product Manager

Postby genesis1 » Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:57 am

Only thing that might be worth a try. Let it install to default folder. Copy (don't delete) that folder to your external drive for your custom folder. Then when you open Sampletank (I don't use it myself) but I would think there is a settings button somewhere where it show the default installation path to the default folder. Under that usually there is a browse button so you can browse to a different location. Select that then reload or refresh. usually there is a button like this so it can search a new location. If it works, then you can then probably delete the default folder as your custom folder will now be the location it looks for sounds.

[mod redacted - unnecessary]
genesis1

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools