USB Mic Setup with Arc Studio

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

USB Mic Setup with Arc Studio

Postby chopin_guy88 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:18 pm

New user here - trying to find some information - is it possible to use a USB measurement mic to setup the new Arc Studio?? Something like the MiniDSO UMIK-1.

I don't have an audio interface in my setup and was hoping to be able to intergrate this into my system without having to jump through hoops.

Any insight is most appreciate...
chopin_guy88

Re: USB Mic Setup with Arc Studio

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:53 pm

Do you have a calibration file for that microphone? Even so, the best results will be achieved using the ARC MEMS microphone.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chopin_guy88 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Do you have a calibration file for that microphone? Even so, the best results will be achieved using the ARC MEMS microphone.

Appreciate the quick reply, Petere. Yes indeed - I do have the calibration file from the mic for when I've used it with REW.

Is it possible to use it in the Arc 4 software??
chopin_guy88

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:29 pm

chopin_guy88 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Do you have a calibration file for that microphone? Even so, the best results will be achieved using the ARC MEMS microphone.

Appreciate the quick reply, Petere. Yes indeed - I do have the calibration file from the mic for when I've used it with REW.

Is it possible to use it in the Arc 4 software??

I'm not sure about USB microphones but I would think there's some way to since a USB microphone basically has a basic audio interface built in to it. It may need to have an ASIO driver in Windows but on Mac it may not if it is class-compliant.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools