Arc 3 Strange Result

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Arc 3 Strange Result

Postby procreative » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:19 am

So I am using a room roughly 3m x 3m, acoustic foam bass traps, wall treatment and celing treatment and monitoring on Yamaha MSP5.

I measured with Arc 3 using a Behringer ECM8000 (yes I know but research told me it was okay).

I have done it 3 x just to rule out user error and made sure the Pre Amp wasnt using any processing and Monitoring of the measurement mic was off etc.

The playback with Arc 3 on my DAW is much much bassier which is kind of the opposite given I previously had issues with reflections etc. Worse still while isolating a bass guitar track the Low end frequencies with Arc 3 on are overdriving my monitors.

Only one possible cause, I noticed the calibration file I had been using for the mic is probably corrupt as it converted from a rtf to txt and left in formatting code. But I would expect that rather than affect the reading?

The before after curves in Arc 3 appear to look okay (I cant find an easy way to share).

PS I cant upgrade to Arc 4 as I am still on High Sierra...
procreative

Re: Arc 3 Strange Result

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:14 pm

Did you load a calibration file for the non-ARC mic?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby procreative » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:36 pm

Yes I did, the only thing that somewhat lessens the bass overload is using broad as the setting.

The only thing is there is no way to verify the calibration has been used as when you select it there is no confirmation?

Would using the IK Mic make that much difference? From what I read for calibration to make a real difference each Mic has to be individually calibrated and a profile made?

Below are images of the pre Arc audio via Span and a shot of the Arc plugin

procreative

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:51 pm

Yes, the IK MEMS microphone will provide the best and most accurate results. We chose the MEMS microphone for its consistency - there is little variation between any MEMS microphone and they are not affected by external conditions (humidity, temperature, age, etc) like typical microphones can be affected. ARC itself was calibrated for the ARC MEMS microphone and would thus be most accurate using it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby procreative » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:58 pm

I am going to order one and we will see...
procreative

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools