Have a ticket in with support...have a Legacy issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Have a ticket in with support...have a Legacy issue

Postby LDB3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm

Wrote support over the weekend, no response yet.

I made a dumb error, was running out of room on my external hard drives downloading the new Sample Tank 4 upgrade and deleted some things I shouldn't have....Sample Tank 3 sounds.
Since I had brought them into Sample Tank 4 prior (legacy option), I figured I was safe, but...NO.

BUT Sample Tank 2 ones are there running through Sample Tank 4...go figure. Have about 3 names for every patch, but one of those DO load in, the others are just blank.

Been trying some different things to try to get those native Sample Tank 3 legacy things to be recognized in my nice maxed out Sample Tank Max.

Lost Alan Parsons Piano and American Acoustic, tried to download them to reinstall and nothing....
Mac OS Sonoma. The installers just don't work with Sonoma yet I guess.

I have everything on a 2012 laptop (Catalina OS), so all is not lost, just would be nice to get these back on my desktop computer. I pulled all my Sample Tank 3 stuff from the laptop, but so far I have not done the right thing to solve the problem yet. I redownloaded the Alan Parsons Piano on this laptop and it will install through Catalina.

Is it POSSIBLE, if I ran a virtual Mac OS Catalina on my desktop, redownloaded Sample Tank 3 through that and installed it...... that I could PULL that legacy stuff into Sample Tank 4 in Catalina and then pull them into my Sonoma OS? Just trying to salvage this if there is a way to do it.
I'm one of those people that don't give up easily on these things.

Sure would be nice if at the VERY LEAST, that the installers would work for the Alan Parsons Piano and American Acoustic Guitar since they are showing up as being able to be downloaded through Sample Tank 4.
I am assuming this is a Mac OS Sonoma problem and they have not resolved Sample Tank 4 issues with it yet.
I also hope I'm making sense. I'm not a computer tech.
LDB3

Re: Have a ticket in with support...have a Legacy issue

Postby LDB3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:27 pm

Is there a way to upload some screen shots into here?
LDB3

Re: Have a ticket in with support...have a Legacy issue

Postby LDB3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 pm

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!

I did a couple of things, I don't know which thing fixed it.

I have my sounds loaded into an external side drive which I deleted over the weekend when all the problems started. A rookie mistake, I know.

Went to the laptop with Catalina and pulled all those sounds out of the Application Support area there and put them in the external side drive on my desktop, but that didn't work.

I also pointed to the "Instruments" folder of Sample Tank 3 on the external hard drive.
Just pointing to the large "Sample Tank 3" folder itself on the external hard drive did nothing.

So I pulled the Sample Tank 3 out of the Documents thing on the laptop and put it in the external hard drive Sample Tank 3 folder AND also in the desktop Documents folder. (content.db)

So I don't know which step did it, but I'm back in business.

Thank you, Lord :-)

I hope this helps someone else.

However, I did do the Sample Tank 3 Legacy load in when I upgraded to the first version of Sample Tank 4 that I have.

Still don't know why I have all those extra patch duplicates from Sample Tank 2, but I don't care as long as everything works!! Maybe I'll clean that up later or not.

And I don't care to reverse the steps to see which one did the job at this time, maybe I will later and add to this thread.

On to making music!!
LDB3

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More