? Status of ST3: custom shop, gear bundles, stock in stores

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

? Status of ST3: custom shop, gear bundles, stock in stores

Postby 4vientos » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 am

What is the official status and future status of the Sampletank 3 range of products
and downloads? And plans/timeframe for working ST4 downloads into the
existing hardware bundles and custom shop?
Thanks in advance! Love my UNO, Amplitube, ST3 and Syntronik :D
Cheers
4vientos

Re: ? Status of ST3: custom shop, gear bundles, stock in sto

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Nothing has officially been said about any of the things you're interested in I'm afraid.

When it does, it will appear in the News and Announcements thread on the forum and the main IK Multimedia News page.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby 4vientos » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 pm

If anything official had been said, the question would not be asked.
IK needs to know what it's customers are interested in.
So I'm gently poking the bear ;)
I am interested in the future of good products,
both for myself and others.
Cheers
4vientos

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 pm

We do not have news to share at this time. SampleTank 3 versions are still bundled with certain hardware and in bundles like Total Studio 2 MAX. I cannot predict the future but will share news when we have it.

Note that SampleTank 2.x is no longer available after SampleTank 3 was out for a time, and it would be natural for SampleTank 3 to no longer be available in the future. The libraries are still very good and are available in SampleTank 4 MAX so that should indicate that they will be available in some fashion (especially within SampleTank 4 MAX) into the future.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We do not have news to share at this time. SampleTank 3 versions are still bundled with certain hardware and in bundles like Total Studio 2 MAX. I cannot predict the future but will share news when we have it.

Note that SampleTank 2.x is no longer available after SampleTank 3 was out for a time, and it would be natural for SampleTank 3 to no longer be available in the future. The libraries are still very good and are available in SampleTank 4 MAX so that should indicate that they will be available in some fashion (especially within SampleTank 4 MAX) into the future.

Speaking of ST2.5 and the extra libraries for it, ie. xpansion tank 2, SMoog, STron, sonic synth and others...w ST3 and now ST4, some of these sounds are still outstanding. Especially with the use of the great effects we get w ST4. Us that own all the libraries from ST2.5 through ST4 have quite Arsenal of parent sounds and the alterations of those sounds.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby 4vientos » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 am

Peter_IK wrote:it would be natural for SampleTank 3 to no longer be available in the future. The libraries are still very good ...

Hopefully sales of ST4 will be good enough that there will soon
be hardware bundles, and perhaps some new twists,
like a product that is an effects rack gui for things other than guitar amps,
a convertor utility to convert various sounds to pak format,
or keep the V3 custom shop available, so ST4 purchasers can add V2 content,
as bargains appear. Even a no-sounds version of ST4
would be welcome for some customers.

With the work that went in to V4, I wouldn't expect a free version,
but tempting prices on an array of extras cobbled from the parts bin,
would always be welcome.
Cheers
4vientos

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 am

ski88keys wrote:Speaking of ST2.5 and the extra libraries for it, ie. xpansion tank 2, SMoog, STron, sonic synth and others...w ST3 and now ST4, some of these sounds are still outstanding. Especially with the use of the great effects we get w ST4. Us that own all the libraries from ST2.5 through ST4 have quite Arsenal of parent sounds and the alterations of those sounds.

Agreed, but as ST4 does not Import ST2 libraries (maybe that will change at some time in the future), you will need to Import those libraries into ST3's sounds library and set ST4 to include the ST3 library path.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ski88keys » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:42 am

Right DS. I do forget that not all users have been around since 2.5. It would be nice if IK did create access to others, as some type of legacy purchase. Discounted, older libraries would make IK more money, than the $0 they currently make on them...based on using ST4, of course.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More