Deleting Imported Instruments in SampleTank 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Deleting Imported Instruments in SampleTank 3

Postby rsmproductions » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 pm

I have imported legacy instruments from my collection of Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTank 2. However all I see after the import are the main folder names and the arrow to the left of each. When I click on the arrow of lets say, MP Brass I get the sub folders but no actual instruments. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what is happening. I would appreciate any help.

I'm getting pretty frustrated IK Multimedia because of a previous issue with SampleTank 2.5.5 not working in any of my Sonar programs...with no response to my email about it...at last look my deadline is still coming my way to get a major project finished. I would think in the 21st Century things would work a bit smoother...oy!!

Richard
rsmproductions

Re: Deleting Imported Instruments in SampleTank 3

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi, what is your ticket number for your existing issue? Typically they respond within one business day when tickets are opened using the IK Support system at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 pm

For the import issue, make sure you've used the Import Legacy Instruments method which is detailed in the SampleTank 3 User Manual (installed with SampleTank 3) in section 3.3.1 correctly. If you have and you still have this issue, IK Support can also assist with that directly and see why that did not work for you.

You would need to follow this process as SampleTank 2.x instruments are not directly compatible without importing so they can be made compatible by the import process.

To remove those folders, you'd need to do so in the file system but I'd recommend consulting IK Support about the importing of these legacy instruments before doing so.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rsmproductions » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks Peter_IK

I think I've got the legacy instruments loading correctly now...thanks!

The first issue involved my copy of SampleTank 2.5.5. I can't get it to be recognized by any of my Sonar loads...both Platinum 32bit or 64bit or X1 Expanded 32bit or 64bit. The .dll file is where it needs to be. So I'm not sure what the issue is. Prior to my hard drive crash it worked well within the Sonar Expanded. SampleTank instrument banks are about 50% of my Orchestral Template. All my prior work will look to these instruments.

Ticket #428752

Richard
rsmproductions

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Thanks for letting me know, I've relayed that information to the team.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More