Syntronik mapping save..

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik mapping save..

Postby carsten_brueck » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi there, after playing around with syntronik I must say that I really like it... The approach of samplebased instruments fits the sound I like.. The work flow and approach of tweaking sounds is different than with other Synths, but it's just a question of getting used to it.. By the way.. Don't know if anybody will read this... What I really miss, is the possibility to save my midi mappings.. It sucks a bit to do that every time from new on.. Or is there a possibility somewhere?

Best regards
carsten_brueck

Re: Syntronik mapping save..

Postby carsten_brueck » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Another thing what would be nice, is a smoothing option if someone uses filters in extreme ways.. If the resonance is full open on many bass patches and the cut off is 1/3 open the sound mostly will crackle.. It's possible to compensate that often with the amp release, but maybe there is a way to autosmooth that.
carsten_brueck

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:15 pm

In ST2/3 the MIDI Mappings are saved in the Combi / Multi, not in the individual instrument part.

Is that similar in Syntronik - with them saved in the Layer?

Ah ha - I found this "Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Layer, not with the Instrument," in the User Guide, 4.7.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby carsten_brueck » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:03 pm

I know that they are saved in the layers.. But it's odd to open the vst or au and map them always from new on
carsten_brueck

Postby carsten_brueck » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm

A solution would be to define my own default patch, which loads up, when i load the plugin... is that somehow possible ?

another thing what could be handy is a parameter link , if someone wants to use layers..so all filters for example could be controlled by the 1st layer .. handy for tuned stabs etc...
carsten_brueck

Postby PAULBROWNAP1963 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:09 am

I've also discovered that when I create an Instrument Track in my DAW (Cubase 10) and assign Syntronik to that instrument I can create and save Midi Maps using Indi instruments. I actually just did that, closed Cubase, Opened Cubase back up and all my Midi Mapping is still intact.

Curious though why you can't save those in the Stand alone version of Syntronik.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

bro p
PAULBROWNAP1963

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 am

PAULBROWNAP1963 wrote:I've also discovered that when I create an Instrument Track in my DAW (Cubase 10) and assign Syntronik to that instrument I can create and save Midi Maps using Indi instruments. I actually just did that, closed Cubase, Opened Cubase back up and all my Midi Mapping is still intact.

But isn't that because it's saved as part of the Cubase project rather than a Syntronik user-saved preset?

PAULBROWNAP1963 wrote:Curious though why you can't save those in the Stand alone version of Syntronik.

You can, but the CC mapping has to be saved as part of a multi, rather than a single instrument preset. Chapter 4.7 page 43-44 of the User Manual.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby PAULBROWNAP1963 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Correct, it is because it's saved as a Cubase Project.
And Thanks so much for the Multi Info!

Cheers!

bro p
PAULBROWNAP1963

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More