Sample Tank 4- Setting up - VST Plugins for DAW?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 4- Setting up - VST Plugins for DAW?

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Packed it in at around 1AM last night. Finally got a few of them working by manually moving each sample folder to the directory where ST4 kept saying it was looking for them even though it was not where I specified for the program to look. Need to completely redo the pianos again. It is just a mess.

Now I'm faced with a new query. Where are the VST plugins to use this in my DAW? I'm using reaper and have searched all the directories and it cannot find anything. I remember installing ST3 and it was flawless on the first shot opening the program it detected everything. Not this. As of right now this is totally useless for me.

Can anyone shed light? And yes I'll be sure to open a ticket and wait days for a subpar answer....
thebeeze111

Re: Sample Tank 4- Setting up - VST Plugins for DAW?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:44 pm

When you installed ST4 was there a stage where you selected which format plug-in to install. And, later, a stage where you selected the folders for those plug-ins?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thebeeze111 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 am

DarkStar wrote:When you installed ST4 was there a stage where you selected which format plug-in to install. And, later, a stage where you selected the folders for those plug-ins?

I'll be honest, I don't recall seeing one but I know I set all of the directories to where I wanted ALL the files to go.

I have found the problem and resolved it though. Sample Tank 3 apparently creates a windows folder called "VST3" under a Common Files Folder whereas Sample Tank 4 does not. By default programs read that folder. Luckily, most DAWs allow you to draw plugins from multiple paths..... so in this case, I just had to link the path to the ST4 Sound Content Folder and it worked.
thebeeze111

Postby yukibajhiri » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:29 am

Were you able to load Sampletank 4 into Reaper without it crashing? When I try to, it seems to crash Reaper 100% of the time
yukibajhiri

Postby thebeeze111 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 am

Once I got all of the files loaded and working properly it was fine. Parsing the huge install directories and routing the file paths caused 90% of the issues and the time delayed.
thebeeze111

Postby Colinsalubre » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 pm

When I load vst3 in Studio One Pro, the GUI doesn't appear : only kobs belonging to Studio One...
When I load the vst2, nothing appears...
Standalone version : everything is ok but I never work in standalone mode except to hear the sounds. Making music without my DAW is life without heart for me : I'm alone (to make music...) !
I,ve been told by IK to verify that my graphic card can support opengl2.
I've verified : it supports up to opengl3.2.
I've told them and now wait for the answer.
During that time I download the banks... when they accept :roll:
Colinsalubre

Postby Gacxy7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 am

I'm having the same problem too. I'm using the specs below and also having some issues. I checked my Graphics card too and it is above the minimum required OpenGL

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 960
OpenGL: 4.4
RAM: 12 GB
CPU: Intel i7 950
DAW: StudioOne 4 Professional

If anyone got any tips or troubleshooting ideas please let us know. Thanks
Gacxy7

Postby Colinsalubre » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:10 am

Not sure but the solution could be there :
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20687&p=88933#p88933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will try that later (after work :D ).
Colinsalubre

Postby snabeljoel » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:04 am

When I load vst3 in Studio One Pro, the GUI doesn't appear : only kobs belonging to Studio One...
When I load the vst2, nothing appears...

This issue was resolved for me (no GUI in Studio One. Crashing in Renoise). I simply uninstalled SampleTank4 in the windows app settings (new windows "control panel") and then reinstalled ST4. I believe I should have done this when updating ST4 from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1. I just wanted to share this as it might be worth trying.
snabeljoel

Postby Colinsalubre » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 am

Can you tell me if you use VST2 or VST 3 inside Studio One because I already tried to uninstall 4.0.0 and then install 4.0.1...
Colinsalubre

Postby snabeljoel » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:24 am

Colinsalubre wrote:Can you tell me if you use VST2 or VST 3 inside Studio One because I already tried to uninstall 4.0.0 and then install 4.0.1...

I'm using vst2. I can confirm that ST4 vst3 doesn't show up in the instrument list of my Studio One v4 (latest version). ST3 does show up - both vst2 and vst3 - so it's an oddity indeed.

(At least I got vst2 working now. My reply was to that specific GUI issue with S1)
snabeljoel

Postby Colinsalubre » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:10 pm

After total uninstall and reinstall (except the sounds :lol: ) it now works.
The difference is that I didn't change any location set by default.
8-)
Colinsalubre

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More