sample path issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

sample path issue

Postby tokenboomer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:24 pm

When I initially contacted IK Multimedia before purchasing ST4 max, I asked if the sample/instrument content could be accessed from an external HD and was told yes. So, when I started those downloads, I created a path to an external HD connected to my system where I mostly store iTunes material. That drive is called iTunes

When I did this the installer created three items on that hard drive called Samples, Instruments, and Library Info.

It also created the following path: /volumes/iTunes

As I went through the downloads, I eventually began downloading ST3 material. Much to my surprise the installer wanted to put this material here:

/users/shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

This meant that those instruments and samples would be on my internal HD. I didn’t want that, so I pointed this material to where I was downloading the ST4 material.

In response the installer created the following path:

/volumes/iTunes/Instruments

I went ahead with the downloads.

I mentioned earlier that I cannot get the ST4 plugin to work with Logic Pro X, but the 4.0.1 download also created a stand-alone version. I wanted to listen to the sounds, so I opened that. I was met by the ST4 GUI with no content. I assumed this was because I hadn’t pointed ST4 to the place where the downloads were located. I wasn’t sure how to do this, so I clicked around until I found a sprocket-shaped icon. I clicked on this and then on Sound Content and was surprised to see the correct paths already listed. So why weren’t there any patches? I chose a path and clicked rescan. It began building a database but stopped suddenly at about 22%. No instruments appeared. Every time I try this with either path, I get the same result. So obviously I’m doing something or did something wrong.
tokenboomer

Re: sample path issue

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:36 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More