What Path to Point Installer

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

What Path to Point Installer

Postby gplea » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:47 am

Guys,

I'm SOO embarrassed :mrgreen: I don't know this off the top of my head, except that every time I have to do this task there's so much water under the bridge I can't remember.

So, I just completely reformatted my SSD and put Win10 Pro on it. I have ST3.5, as well as ST2.5.4, SonikSynth (latest), Miroslav Orckestra (latest). They're all installed on 1 other partition, so all I have to do is install those legacy apps, then point those directories in ST3.5 to the proper directories. I went to manual and it says that directory should be in C:\User....

If I could just get a clue what the name of those directories need to be when setting up ST3.5, and where they need to point I promise, promise, promise I will frame your answer and hang it on my studio wall so I'll never forget again.

Tnx,
GPL
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Re: What Path to Point Installer

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

Are you referring to the Sounds Libraries? Where did you see that in the User manual?

If you did, then it can be almost anywhere (avoid Windows and Program Files etc). Mine is:
L:\IK Multimedia (yep, on another disk), with folders for SampleTank 3, SampleTank 2, SampleMoog etc. You can use something similar - note that the MP2 library will be installed into sub-folders in the SampleTank 3 folders (so that the MP2 sounds can be loaded in ST3) . Also you can Import the SonikSynth sounds (and ST2, if they are not already there) into the ST3 library.

If you are referring to the installation of the programs themselves, I just selected the default locations.

If you are referring to the plug-ins then you need to select a folder where your DAW host will find them (or add their path(s) to the DAW's plug-in path list).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More