Hammond B3-X, install on second computer?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B3-X, install on second computer?

Postby PeteHughes » Tue May 07, 2024 2:37 am

Hi

I'm interested in purchasing the Hammond B3-X.

1) I want to use it on my main PC where I do my music production, but also on my laptop that I use on-stage? Is this possible? What, if any restrictions are there?

2) Does the license ever expire? I can't have it cutting out on stage in the middle of a gig!

Thanks
PeteHughes

Re: Hammond B3-X, install on second computer?

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 07, 2024 10:32 am

A1: Yes, but check the EULA

A2: Yes, after 30 years ;)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/inde ... -agreement

Art5 / 2. The Product, as well as its previous versions for the same operating system, may be installed on a maximum number of three (3) Devices provided that
- the Devices are owned by or otherwise in the material and legal possession of the Licensee;
- the Product is not used simultaneously on more than one Device by different end users;
- the User, before assigning or otherwise transferring to third parties rights, for any reason whatsoever, to the Devices in which the Product is installed, must ensure that he/she has uninstalled each of its components, in order not to unlawfully assign to third parties the resulting rights of use.

and
Art3 / 1. The duration of the utilization license depends on the type of license chosen by the User, namely:
a) 30-year license: Thirty-year license: through the purchase of the 30-year user license grant, the User, with a lump sum payment is entitled to use the Product pursuant to Article 1 above for the entire mentioned period. The same term shall apply to the Product that is licensed for NFR use.

The EULA says that if you are on a Subscription Plan (do these still exits?) there is a 3 day grace period after the Subscription expires.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby PeteHughes » Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 am

Thank you for the info, that's really helpful.

Do you know if the plugin has to have an internet connection to load? Again, I'm thinking of live performances.

Thanks
PeteHughes

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 11, 2024 7:48 pm

No, they do not. :)

If you opted for a subscription (does that still exist?), there may be a check, but I think I saw mention of 3-day grace period.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby PeteHughes » Sat May 11, 2024 8:25 pm

Thank you :)
PeteHughes

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More