toolbar_feed

Who would buy this?

Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Who would buy this?

Postby ericar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Picture this. A small box the size of a stomp box that would be placed between your soundcard output and your powered monitors. That box would also have a USB to plug into your computer and a jack for power supply. Inside the box would be a hardware version of the ARC plugin that would have settings sent to it from your ARC enabled computer. With a box like this you would never need to use the software plugin only the ARC measurement software. I don't know about you guys but everything musical I do is through my computer. I have a nice tube amp that never gets played because I prefer my AXE FX through my powered monitors. The only problem is that in order to setup a room corrected sound on my AXE FX I have to open my DAW and play through ARC which causes a slight bit of latency. With a setup like this, everything played through the computer would be room corrected. I would gladly pay $100 to $200 for something like this. I love my new ARC 2.5 but this would make it even better.
ericar

Re: Who would buy this?

Postby kappfam » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 pm

I agree. An engineer friend of mine and I have been going round and round about this. If I eq the room for mixing, I want to also listen back in an eq'd room. There are already pink noise generators that help to eq your room. They don't cost much more than what you're suggesting. I think there needs to be a software solution. I suggest that IK create a desktop ARC 2.5 application update which allows you to play your mix or master (or any music for that matter) through your ARC 2.5 eq'd speakers.
kappfam

Re: Who would buy this?

Postby ryclark » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Yes having just recently bought the ARC system I think that IK Media have missed a trick in not supplying a desktop application that can have all the audio output from the computer routed through it. I need to be able to use the ARC EQ on many different pieces of multimedia software's audio output ie. DAW, NLE video edit, audio restoration, media players etc. :x They do provide an ASIO driver for the mic input side so I would have thought that it shouldn't take much to make an ASIO output driver to allow a desktop app to work. At the moment I very rarely use it since it is such a pain to set up third party apps and VAC links to do this.
ryclark

Return to Other Mix & Master Effects